“I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance!” by anonymous
Sightseeing, discovering other culture, taste their foods are always our agenda every time we go travel. But we’re surprised to know so little of this country.
Azerbaijan was under USSR and like other neighboring Countries they became independent. So many places to discover and here I show you some.
Discovering around the City of Baku
- The Flame Tower
2. The Maiden Tower. Discover what’s inside.
3. Discover the old world inside their medieval walled inner City. Every alleys speak of history. You will be amazed there are some similarities in Europe!
4. Around Fountain Square. Yes so many fountains around though I don’t show it here but I save those for later.
5. The View on top 6. Heydar Aliyev Museum. More of this awesome structure on my next post as it deserves it’s own limelight. Please wait for it. Cheers!
7. Milli Park at night is full of people with friends & families enjoying the sights and foods with so many restaurants around catering to locals & tourists.
8. The Carpet Museum. You will see this inside Milli Park. Beautiful architecture! 9. And these are the places we haven’t got the time to explore, sad to say.
10. The foods are mixed with some Asian and Arab spices. Although mostly a Muslim Country, you can order some alcohol even in some restaurants inside the Park. Surprisingly, they also produce their own wine! They had a thriving wine industry dated back in the old days, second millenium BC. Unfortunately we didn’t get the chance to taste it but I read from one blogger that it has a sweet taste and she likes it very much!
Will I go back to Azerbaijan? I would love to!! But for all those who knows my “life story” so far I cannot say when, as our life seems in constant change! Be it fortunate or not it depends on the person reading all my posts. For now… I am grateful to be a wanderer. My love for travels cannot keep me in one place only. FOLLOW me and you will see some of my adventures ahead. Thanks for all the follows and the casual checking from other bloggers. I do appreciate it.