JWMM snacks, vinneve
RAK Al Hamra,vinneve
As some of you may know that we are moving back to our home country New Zealand but are retaining our residency in Abu Dhabi just in case we need to move back to be whole again with the family.
Anyway… life became so very busy last March and it seems everyday is a blur because of so many things to do and many people to meet to say goodbyes to before we leave temporarily. I say temporary because I realized since becoming an expats the only thing constant is CHANGE.
So here are the ones you would like to try out for yourself when you get to Abu Dhabi. We definitely did all these things before leaving. Oh, and we left at the right time as I heard it is now getting hot, early for Summertime!
- Meet with some old or new friends and do BRUNCHING. This is sort of like the normal thing expats do once in weekdays if you have time but mostly over the weekends. You will be amazed how can you be greedy with foods and will love taking photos of it as they are so pretty for FB or Instagram not to post.
- If not brunching, when meeting friends or family in the coffee shops and they are tons of them around in and out of the Island. FYI, in our area, we have a mom’s group that meets once every week and it actually enjoys talking to each of them and seeing how they are after a week or two of challenging days if any!
- Attend some Women’s group or any other types of group as what they say “nobody will be left out alone!” it is easier to get depressed in the Summer heat of the desert and being with new people and mingling around would definitely HELP. Of course, you will get to find your long-time friend even as an expat and you know what? I even stayed with one of them in Germany for a holiday! See my old post.
- Go and buy yourself all the FUN things to do like Theme Parks in Abu Dhabi. There are 3 to choose from: Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld, and Warner Brothers.
- Go for a walk yes after the heat is gone in the late afternoon but when we did it was wintertime. Lots of parks in Abu Dhabi especially family parks like the Mushrif Park as per its old name or now it’s called Umm Al Emarat Park.
- Enjoy all the pristine waters of Abu Dhabi beaches or if you prefer a swimming pool as every hotel offers some family/ friends packages that include food and a pool or other services.
- GLAMPING – this one we did in Ras Al Khaimah or better known as RAK for short. It is one of the Emirates and also a beautiful place to enjoy beach resorts, water sports, hiking, and camping or much better GLAMPING as per my previous post please click the link on the highlighted word.
- Sporting events there are abundant of this prior to Summer and you can actually join in even as a visitor. Here is the photo from Al Hudayriat Island.
- And of course, SHOPPING for your last-minute things to buy because it is double or triple the cost in your home country!
- Do not forget the Cultural haven in Sadiyaat Island Louvre Abu Dhabi. Please check my previous post about this as per the highlighted link. This is not the only museum in the City so please do check them wherever you may be.
- I almost forgot … LADIES NIGHT!! Yep, it’s awesome for us women as we get FREE drinks and in some places, there’s also a FREE food. Two of my favorite bars/places to go are ECLIPSE inside Four Seasons Hotel they offer 3 free drinks and a plate of sushi!! and LOCA an award-winning Mexican restaurant and bar offering 5 free margarita flavored drinks!! Well, the foods are great and you can share with your friends and have fun! We all are momshies and our husbands were good boys enough to take care of our children. Good eh? Cheers to that! 😉