Finally got the chance to do blogging, yey! It’s been a long time, I know but I hope it will be worth the wait. The same feeling with us especially my son waiting for another year just to see his beloved grandpa, relatives, and friends.
OK here are the places for you to know or go to in and around Zürich. Places that we went to as per locals do and not as a tourist. It is truly a wonder that this City is surrounded by so much nature and beauty plus a big event that you must come together with a local friend or relatives.
- August 1st is the Swiss National Day! – children loved the firecrackers and waited for the FINAL fireworks at midnight. It is like New Year in comparison but of course being in Switzerland it must be systematic and organized. 🙂 Other ages like me can enjoy the live music, foods especially the sausages and people watching!
2. Uetliberg – yes, it is near the place where we stayed at every time. A must see for people who want to see the whole Zurich on top! Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk as there’s more to see by walking. Berries are ripe for the picking and it’s free from mother nature. I see some people wearing high heels though, incredible!
3. Guggi Butterfly Garden – It is out of the Zurich City. Actually a normal garden center with a coffee shop inside. It is good for meet-ups with friends, or with kids. I will feature this next time so please watch this space. For the meantime, here are a few shots of it. Enjoy!
Guggi garden,vinneve foto
4. Kinderzoo – This is located in Rapperswil in the canton of St. Gallen. Yes out of Zürich already but not too far away. It only took us more than an hour by a regional train. One more thing… most of the animals here are now retired from Circus industry. I will also feature this next time as there is more to see here than just animals. A date night? yes!
5. Rapperswil town – It is two in one when you go to this town as you get the kids to enjoy the zoo on the other side of the town and afterward stroll around the area to glimpse a small castle up the hill, yes by foot! What a sight! see below photos. I cannot help myself clicking my camera. I will feature this next time so you can see more photos. Lots of restaurants nearby so do not worry if you get thirsty or hungry and before I forget every fountain you see you can fill up your bottle with fresh water and it is drinkable unless it stated NOT.
6. Landes Museum – Back in Zürich… went to visit this alone as my son decided to be with his grandpa which is fine with me as this is their time together to bond. It only happens every holiday only, unfortunately. I have paid 10Fr for this and it is worth it.
7. Turlersee – This is out of Zürich but still you never get that far from the City. There is always a smart, always on time bus coming your way to drop you off to this place. Just hop on bus 235 (free wifi) either from the Tremli train station or get any tram that goes to Tremli from Hauptbahnhof. You can enjoy camping, walking the dog, swimming in the lake (see) and of course nice restaurants around the corner.
8. Wurenlos – A place where hubby also grew up when he was a kid. Don’t get me wrong this is not just good for photo ops. They have a small town and occasionally they have some events going on to make this place lively!
And here are some random photos in and around Zurich!
That’s it for now. I hope you saw some photos that you don’t normally see as my aim is to be different. I try to show you some sights from local perspectives. If I live there, if ever, I would like to go to some places tourist doesn’t always go to. I do not like the crowded area but sometimes you have to bear with it if it’s your first time or you have to go to a certain place.
Thanks, dear readers, and followers! I hope to see you again soon. You may check my other post that would be great! It would be nice for you to drop some nice comments too. Have a great day! Enjoy traveling… NOW! Cheers!