On top QTWN, vinnevefoto
This is one of my fave City here in New Zealand. Even before we left in 2015 to be an expats in Abu Dhabi, we often travel to this awesome City every year since I started flying domestic. It’s stunning sceneries is something special plus there’s a lot of outdoor activities for families & single people too!
On the way to Queenstown, vinneve
Queenstown is known as the “Adventure capital of the World” there’s a lot of activities here for adrenaline junkies, all types of indoor & outdoor activities & wholesome family adventure too for somebody like us whose not into “too much” thrill coz we have a child to take care of while we’re having fun!
Here are just a few activities that we either partake in or passing by for a snapshot opportunity. Please note there are some more activities not on this list.
1. Playground just around the hotel.
near Queenstown Park, vinnevefoto
2. Visit Queenstown Park fronting the lake.
Maori carving, vinnevefoto
3. Join the gold diggers literally speaking! 😂 it’s in Arrowtown. If any luck you will get a wee bit of flakes and to let you know this is the same water that Gollum in LOTR had been seen fishing.
Arrowtown river, vinnevefoto
4. Visiting Arrowtown Lake District Museum. It may be smaller than any other museums you are used to but it’s full of “goldmine” history etc. and you can soak up the village history after just a few minutes walk.
5. Bungy Jumping actually originated in Vanuatu as part of their ritual perhaps thousands of years ago, but Nz is the Country who made it famous. AJ Hackett established the very first bungy site in Queenstown.
6. Gondolas & Luge. Families favorite! Rugged biking as well are held on top of this mountain.
7. Skydiving (indoor & outdoor) & Paragliding. If you’re afraid to do it alone there’s always a tandem guide to help or be with you!
8. Going through the Park showing kiwi birds & other reptiles.
9. Jetboat, Million Dollar Cruise and the oldest Steamship are on this waters.
10. Or if you aren’t tired enough, there’s always this stairs to make a play who comes first on top! Just like what my men did! 🙂
Around townQTWN, vinnevefoto
Be sure to pack yourselves for some fun and long walks as I may not included a waterfall hiking track on this as we don’t have enough time but it is just a walking distance from all this activities. Just ask the local where to find it as I just stumbled on it a few years back with my 6yrs old son and a 67 year old father!
I hope I give you some tips that you can use when you travel in stunning QUEENstown! Please comment if you have been here already and tell your story! Cheers and wait for my another post… Thanks!